A few months ago, I did an Instagram post on how I recently discovered video resumes. I think it is a very creative way to showcase your career skills and experience. For those of you unfamiliar with it, a video resume is a way for you, as a job seeker, to demonstrate your abilities beyond the capabilities of a traditional paper resume. The video resume allows prospective employers to see and hear you, as an applicant.
After this post, I was introduced to VCV
– a new video service for making a video resume to find a job faster. With VCV you can record your video resume for free and send the link to an employer with your traditional cover letter and resume. VCV makes it very simple for you to create your own. All you have to do is:
- Complete a registration form here: https://me.vcv.ai/r/cv
- Record your practice video interview
- Respond to 4 questions and briefly tell about yourself and work experience
- Get the link to your video resume; and,
- You are all set!
You can share your link with employers, place it in your resume section, LinkedIn profile, and more! Doing this, allows you to paint a bigger picture of your career skills and experience for a job opportunity. VCV is especially ideal if you are a recent graduate looking to highlight your internship or volunteer experience for an entry-level position.Moreover, if you choose to create a video resume to send with your traditional one, it will show an employer that you are: